I used a phrase last week that I swore, as does every new parent, I would never use. We heard it countless times growing up. It was a phrase that was so unfair to us as children that when it rolled off my tongue I was shocked at what I heard. Did I say that?
To be fair she had it coming. She, being my 5 year old named Paris, questioned me about why she had to go to bed at 8:30. My response to the bedtime question was really the only logical response left at my disposal after a long day and no energy left.
"Because I said so."
I know, I know, I'm still stunned I said it.
The death that occurred earlier this week in connection with a church potluck luncheon in Lancaster, OH, was of a 54-year-old woman, a Columbus newspaper has reported.
The botulism anti-toxin was shipped overnight to local hospitals, but it wouldn’t have saved the woman who died because she was so critically ill, according to Dr. Andrew Murry of Fairfield Medical Center. He spoke at a press conference held Wednesday at the Lancaster hospital.
“These people are really ill, and any time you’re on a ventilator for that amount of time, things could go badly,” Murry said.